I love zucchini and chocolate chip cookies, so why not combine the 2 into a delicious treat? The recipe is made from garden fresh zucchini – perfect for when you have a summer bounty.
If you’re not a fan of some of the tasty extras in the recipe such as sunflower seeds and cranberry, you can omit it from the recipe without sacrificing flavor.
Zucchini Cookies Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberry and cranberry mix – I used Ocean Spray Craisins, Blueberry Juice Infused
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, shelled and unsalted
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar in large mixer bowl until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add zucchini; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, blueberry and cranberry mix, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Let us know what you think about this zucchini cookies recipe. Did you make any changes or additions?
Note: This recipe was adapted from Very Best Baking by Nestle