One of my all time favorite foods is fettuccine alfredo, but it definitely doesn’t fit with my healthy eating plan. That’s why this low fat fettuccine alfredo recipe is perfect. Get the same great taste with less fat than traditional fettuccine alfredo recipes.
This skinny version has 400 calories per serving and 14.2g of fat. The average fettuccine Alfredo has about 800 calories and Olive Garden’s dish will have you on the treadmill even longer with about 1,220 calories!
If you’re using Weight Watchers this recipe comes in at 8 PointsPlus per serving. However, if you find a low fat, low carb pasta or alternative, it would really lower the points.
Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe:
- 8 oz baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head fresh or 1 package frozen broccoli florets
- 16 oz box of fettuccine
- 4 oz. 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese or neufatchel cheese (next to cream cheese)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- Non stick pan spray
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- black or white pepper (to taste)