1. Pattern of Circles or Dots behind the expiration date to prevent photo copying.
2. “Watermark” or faded image behind the Coupon Value and Description to prevent photo copying.
3. Encrypted 2-D Barcode which is unique to each coupon print (even for a second print of the same coupon). The first 4-digits is the same for each coupon you print, all other numbers will vary. You can enter this code into the Veri-fi website to verify that the coupon hasn’t been redeemed ( if you’re concerned the coupon may be a copy).
4. The Border of a coupon is repeating text that shows the time & date stamp of when the coupon was printed, zip code where printed, redemption value and expiration date as well as a unique number sequence. The information identifies your computer!
5. Under the expiration date (as part of the border box) you will find the same information as on the coupon border. You could cut off the entire border of the coupon but the information will still be obtained from the expiration date box.
Copying or creating coupons is fraud! Don’t do it! Learn how to recognize a fraudulent coupon to protect yourself and local store.
Next Up: Recognizing Fraudulent Coupons
Not sure Where to Find Printable Coupons? Read my post to learn more.
See all Coupon Basics Posts