Crock Pot Chicken:
*I usually purchase an 8lb whole chicken
*Remove most of the skin
*Place in Crock Pot and rub sides with spice mixture
*Cook on low for about 8hrs or high for 4hrs, until meat falls from bone. I mean that literally, the meat is super tender and juicy.
*Once cooled, pull all chicken from bones and freeze or store for later meals. I won’t lie; this takes some time, but I don’t cook chicken for several days.
*I typically yield 4-5 dinners from this 1 chicken!
*Perdue $0.98lb=$1.50-$2.00 per meal. Cheaper chicken=cheaper meals
1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, garlic powder
1 tsp. each: dried thyme, onion powder, and chili powder (or cayenne)
2 tsp paprika
4 tsp salt
Use what you have on hand!!
Note: I don’t use this rub if I’m planning to make stock with the juices; I use more garlic, onion, Mrs. Dash, S/P (it varies)
- The first night we just have this chicken with potatoes or rice and veggies
- Baked Chicken Ziti
- Chicken tacos
- Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken salad
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Italian Chicken Pasta Toss
- Chicken soup (many varieties here)
- BBQ Chicken on Kiser rolls…..
Thanks to Make and Takes for for her spice rub!