Do you want to try the best EVER salad? You will literally want to lick the bowl after you try this recipe. It is not a frugal recipe, but I love serving it when I can get all the ingredients on sale. This salad pairs nicely with fresh fish.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Zest lemon to get about 1/2 teaspoon zest.
- Juice lemon to get 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar & oil in small bowl.
- Whisk until well blended
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Pan. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool.
- Meanwhile, cut strawberries into quarters.
- Remove seeds from cucumber and slice then cut slices in half.
- Cut onion into thin wedges.
- Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion.
- Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
Baking Classics Sliced Almonds $1 ($0.50)
Small Red Onion $1.49 (0.75)
Baby Spinach $2
Assume have other ingredients on hand
Approximate cost: $7.32
This is a recipe is adapted from the Pampered Chef Casual Cooking Cookbook
Photo Credit: Facebook