Ever wondered how to make a sachet? If you are looking for a simple craft to give as a gift or to make something for yourself, these pretty and simple no-sew scented drawer sachets will leave your clothes with a light fragrance.
They make a lovely hostess gift, basket filler, or Valentine’s Day gift. Pick out a pretty fabric and scent that you love. If you are looking for scents with aromatherapy benefits there are a wide variety of smells and benefits:
- Lavender – Calming & relaxing
- Orange – Brightens & relieves anxiety
- Cinnamon Mood & Concentration
- Peppermint – Energizing
- Sandalwood – Relaxing alleviates stress, anxiety & depression
How to Make a Sachet
Thin cotton fabric
cotton batting ribbon
essential oil, I used Lavender
scissors or rotary cutter
- Cut fabric into an 8”8” square.
- Cut a 6” length of ribbon.
- Fill center with a piece of cotton batting a little bigger than an egg.
- Squeeze 57 drops of essential oil onto cotton batting.
- Draw up the four corners of your fabric, compress batting.
- Tie ribbon just above cotton batting filling.
- Knot the fabric.
In just minutes you can have enough sachets for all your drawers and a few for the closet. These are also very inexpensive to make. I picked up this piece of fabric for $1.00 and a roll of ribbon for $1.50, the essential oil I already had on hand. I was able to make 6 from the small piece of fabric, with plenty of other supplies left over for more projects.
I had some leftover flannel from another project and I made my husband a few, tying them with twine to make it a little less feminine, and scented with sandalwood.
Now that you know How to Make a Sachet, you might also like Valentine Crafts for Kids to Send