This cake is great for parties or picnics. It’s simple to make (I can even do it) and is a real crowd pleaser. Most of these ingredients can be found for a great price if you watch the sales. I was able to make this Mandarin Orange Cake for around $3 without a cake mix coupon!
Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1 Package (18 1/4 oz.) White Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Unsweetened Applesauce (1 Snack Size Cup)
- 1 Can (11 oz.) Mandarin Oranges, undrained – - Reserve 4-5 Oranges for Garnish
- 1 Carton Cool Whip
- 1 Can (8 oz.) Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 Package (3.4 oz.) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- In bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges.
- Beat on low for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-in round cake pans.
- Bake 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
- Mix pudding and pineapple together.
- Add cool whip until mixed well.
- Spread on Cake and chill.
- Add garnish.
Keep cake refrigerated.