I posted my personal goals for 2011 yesterday, so today I wanted to mention our financial goals for the new year. Thankfully, our only debit going into 2011 is our mortgage! Our plans are to save more & enjoy life as a family.
– Save for Disney: We’re planning a family trip to Disney in either June or November. My mom was planning to take the kids, so she’s paying for them. Yeah!
– “Car payment”: My explorer is only a 2004 with 80K miles, but we’ve had a LOT of problems with it. We’re planning to add a car payment category to the budget sometime this year. The money will go directly into savings, so we can pay cash (I hope) for a new vehicle. Our hope is my truck will last at least 3 more years, though.
– Ski weekend in February
– Weekend trip to mountains this summer
– Increase retirement savings
– Increase monthly payment to the principle on our mortgage
– New dishwasher
– Paint & landscape outside
– Add to general savings account
– Kids & Derrick want a dog
– Remodel kitchen (gotta dream big right )
* Derrick wants new tires for his jeep. Since that is not a necessity (tires are good for another year or 2) he better start working some overtime!
What are your financial goals for 2011?