Get in the Fall spirit with these Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes. These would be great for a Fall party at school!
1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional)
8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
few drops orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups. Set aside. *Check out these cute Fall Leave Bake Cups.
- Blend together cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water, with electric mixer. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips if desired. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat until smooth. Add a few drops orange food coloring (optional).
- I used Wilton’s 1M frosting tip to get the look in the photo above.
If you prefer, you can try this Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting recipe instead