Shopping online can be a great way to save money. You can shop from the comfort of your own home, have stores from all over the world at your disposal plus save gas & your time.
1. Check the clearance section. Just like in the store, head to the clearance or sale section of the website first. You may find exactly what you’re looking for already marked down.
2. Look for coupon codes. Savings.com is a fantastic resource for finding coupon codes to all your favorite stores. Do a quick search to find online coupon and free shipping codes to help you save money.
3. Check “Deal of the Day” sites. There are more Daily Deal sites than I could even begin to list. Browse sites such as 6pm, HauteLook, Totsy, Zulily, and Rue La La to find discounts. These offers usually go fast so setting up email alerts to your coupon email address is advisable.
4. If all else fails – ask for a discount. If you can’t find a coupon code, load your shopping cart with your purchase but don’t checkout. Use the customer service feature to chat with a representative. You will find that stores want you to complete your order, not jump over to their competitors site. The worst they can tell you is “no”.
5. Check sizes and fit in-store then buy online. Some products such as a running shoe need to fit properly. Stop by your local store and try on a few pairs. Make sure to write down the details of your favorite product and the size you need. Then come home and search online to find the best deal.
7. Shop Amazon. Amazon sells just about every product you could possibly need – clothing, games and electronics, books, toys, groceries and more. I like to use gift cards earned from Swagbucks to spend even less.
How do you save money shopping online?