Wondering What Food You Can Freeze? You’d be surprise how much will stay fresh in the freezer.
Utilizing your freezer is a great way to save money. You can purchase more items when they are at a rock-bottom price, keep leftovers longer and cook in advance to save time.
Not sure what foods you can freeze? Below are some unusual foods that freeze well. A few of the items came as a complete shock to me when I learned about them a couple years ago.
What Foods Can You Freeze?
- Eggs (not in shell – ice cube tray works well)
- Hard or semi-hard Cheese (crumble when thawed – best for cooking or shred a block before freezing)
- Garlic (peel and slice)
- Ginger (peel and slice)
- Onions (chopped)
- Fresh Herbs
- Corn (off cob)
- Tomatoes (boil to remove skin)
- Yogurt (my kids prefer frozen tube yogurt!)
- Milk (I freeze buttermilk for baking)
- Berries – raspberries, strawberries, etc.
- Bananas (sliced is best)
If you’re not sure how to freeze a food – a quick Google search will get you all the information you need to make sure your foods stay fresh in the freezer.
What foods have you found that freeze well?