Chocolate Buttercream Icing Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1b. Box of confectioners sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Make sure you butter is softened but not melted, melted butter will ruin the consistency of this icing.
- Cream butter until smooth and slightly whipped.
- Add powdered sugar a cup at a time, on low until thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in cocoa powder, half vanilla, and half and half.
- Continue to beat mixture until fluffy and smooth on a medium-high setting.
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker consistency or more half and half to loosen the icing.
Recipe by The Coupon Challenge at https://www.thecouponchallenge.com/easy-chocolate-buttercream-icing-recipe.html