Basic Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Turbino sugar for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until soft and smooth. Cream together with the sugars, then mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 375-degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 1-inch balls and flatten with the back of a fork to make a criss cross pattern.
- Sprinkle with the turbino sugar.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container.
Recipe by The Coupon Challenge at https://www.thecouponchallenge.com/basic-peanut-butter-cookies-recipe.html