Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- ½ a large onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Black Pepper and Kosher Salt to taste
- ½ lb. cooked tortellini
- Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Melt the butter in a stockpot and cook the onions and celery over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, chicken stock, marjoram, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cut the cream cheese into pieces and add to the stockpot.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked tortellini just before serving.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe by The Coupon Challenge at https://www.thecouponchallenge.com/easy-butternut-squash-soup-recipe.html