Pulled Pork Sandwich
2 lbs of Pork Tenderlion
1 12 oz Rootbeer
1 Sweet Onion
1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce
1/4 tsp of Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pork Tenderloin, $3.99/lb
Kroger Buns, Sandwich or Hot Dog, 8 ct * Kroger Bread Select Varieties, 20 oz – $1.00
Rub the salt and pepper into the pork tenderloin. Use as much or as little as you like. Cut the sweet onion into five ½-inch-wide rings.
- Cover the bottom of the crockpot with the sliced onion rings. Place the pork tenderloin on top of the onions.
- Pour the can of root beer over the top of the tenderloin.
- Add the 1/4 tsp of Vinegar
- Place the lid on the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or until tender.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the crockpot. Shred the meat with a fork and sharp knife. Drain half the juice from the crockpot, allowing the onions to remain.
- Add the pork back to the crockpot and pour the barbecue sauce on top. Add as much or as little as you like, depending on your personal taste. Stir to combine and cook on low heat for one hour
- Place on toasted bun and enjoy