Whether you are watching your waistline or just want a delicious breakfast, these tempting jars of Apple Cinnamon Baked Weight Watchers Oatmeal are a filling and healthy choice for a quick breakfast. I chose ingredients that are known for their weight loss or health benefits. The three main ingredients pack a healthy punch that makes this a perfect breakfast choice.
Cinnamon is known to help control blood sugar levels, aid in weight loss, prevent stomach bugs (cinnamon is highly anti- bacterial), as well as aid in alertness and memory. Apples provide soluble fiber and regulate your blood sugar. While oatmeal is filling and is another excellent source of fiber that also helps control blood sugar. Aside from all the health benefits this baked oatmeal is simply fabulous!
Weight Watchers Oatmeal Recipe:
1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp. apple pie spice
2 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp.baking powder
2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Place 1⁄2” of water in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Peel and dice apples finely.
- Combine oats, apples, apple pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, applesauce, brown, sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk in a medium sized bowl, stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide oatmeal mixture evenly among 4 pint mason jars.
- Sprinkle tops with additional cinnamon.
- Place jars in water bath.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly.
- Poke several holes to bottom of oatmeal, add a Tbsp. or so of additional almond milk (or skim) to the top of oatmeal when you are ready to eat.
Makes 4 servings
Weight Watchers Points:
- 6 WW points per serving (old program)
- 5 SmartPoints per serving
- 3 PointsPlus per serving
Don’t miss Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook: 280 Delicious Recipes for Every Meal for even more Weight Watchers recipes. It’s highly rated with a ton of fantastic recipes.
You might also like:
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipe
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Muffins
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe
- Weight Watchers Strawberry Pie Recipe