by Mackenzie at The Centsible Family
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks – softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- red and brown M&M’s
- chocolated-covered mini pretzels
- Combine flour and baking soda together in separate bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl or mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs and beat well. Gradually add flour and beat into mixture.
- Scoop cookie dough into one teaspoon sized balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven when cookie is still soft enough to add the M&Ms and have them stick. Do not over bake the cookies.
- Immediately add two chocolate-covered mini pretzels to the top and the M&M’s (two brown and one red) to the face.
- Let cool about 20-30 minutes before removing from the parchment paper.
- I used a one-teaspoon scooper I had for the cookie dough. These cookies spread out a lot so when I tried my three-teaspoon scooper it was definitely too big. The one teaspoon sized cookie seems to fit the M&M’s and pretzels just right.
Thanks, The Centsible Family!