Strawberry season is here! Try this easy strawberry shortcake recipe after you hit the strawberry fields. Putting it in the jar just makes it a bit more fun too!
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
Store bought pound cake, cut into cubes
Whipped Cream (see below)
Orange zest (optional)
Prepare the cake according to the box instructions and bake in a sheet pan (the cake will be thin). Let the cake cool completely.
Homemade Strawberry Whipped Cream
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoon strawberry extract
Red food coloring (optional)
- Place a metal mixing bowl and your beaters in the freezer.
- Remove and add the sugar, strawberry extract, and cream to the bowl.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to tint the cream pink. (optional – if you don’t care about the true pink color)
- With your mixer on low, beat the cream until it thickens and you have stiff peaks.
- Fill the mason jar (I used 4oz jars) about ¾ of the way full with the pound cake cubes.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Repeat with remaining dishes.
- Garnish with a bit of orange zest, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
What do you think of this easy strawberry shortcake recipe?
You might also like this Berry Flag!