There is no need to spend money on a gym membership as you have everything you need to get fit. One of the biggest fitness trends in 2014 is strength training without weights. Here are a few Home Workout Routines Without Weights that will help you drop the weight and get fit.
1. Planking. The plank works the entire front side of the body and helps to tone your muscles and works the core like no other exercise. Getting into the Plank position easy as you just lay down on the floor and then come up onto your forearms and toes. You can do this with or without shoes on. Create a straight line from your neck down to your feet and make sure your butt does not arch down and hold your stomach in engaging your core muscles. Keep this taunt plank position for 30 seconds, relax for 30 seconds and do it again 3 times. The goal is to be able to hold this for two minutes.
2. Burpees. This is one of the hardest exercises to do but will burn a ton of calories, plus it tones every muscle in your body. To begin, stand upright and then drop down to the ground into a push-up position. Do one push up and then bring your legs back to your body and then jump up with your arms reaching high into the sky, then come back down from the jump into a standing position. Can you believe that was just one rep? Start doing 3 sets of 5 burpees and when you are stronger do 3 sets of 10 burpees. Rest for a minute in between each set.
3. Lunges. Lunges engage the lower body and the core, plus the body with balance. Start in a standing position and step forward with the right leg as you lower your hips until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. Return to the starting position and either do 10 reps on the right leg and then the left or alternate legs each time. Do 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg. You can also do walking lunges for a little bit more of a challenge going 50 yards on each leg, three rounds is preferred.
4. Squats. Squats are one of the best exercises you can do for your body to build strong legs, a strong core, and a strong backside. There are many variations of squats and work on doing one set of each. The first is the regular squat where you stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and then sit down into an imaginary chair. Push your knees out which in turn engages the glutes keeping the knees in perfect position. The second one is the plié squat where you start with your legs 2-feet apart and do the same move, but you are working entirely different muscles. Do 3 sets of 10 squats, both kinds. Work up to do doing 100-150 squats 2-3 times a week.
5. Hops. Just like when we were kids and would hop around, it is also a great exercise to get the heart rate up and build strength in our ankles and calves, plus the whole body is engaged so you don’t topple over. Start out hopping on one foot for 25 yards and then turn around and come back on the other foot. Catch your breath and do that two more times. As you gain strength and endurance, go for 50 yards on each leg and do 5 reps.
These exercises can be done together in one session or broken up during the week. It is easy to exercise at home without weights. Most of these can be done inside or outside in your back yard.
What are your favorite home workout routines without weights?
You might like these great workout videos as well:
- INSANITY Fast and Furious DVD Workout
- Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred
- The Biggest Loser: The Workout – Boot Camp
Try my Whey Protein Smoothie Recipes after your workout.
[…] Home Workout Routines Without Weights – The Coupon Challenge https://www.thecouponchallenge.com/Get fit without the cost of a gym membership. Try these Home Workout Routines Without Weights to get fit on a budget. […]