I’m always on the hunt for easy meals once school starts. Between homework and after school activities, 5pm can sneak up on me. Try this easy homemade sloppy Joe’s recipe for a tasty and delicious meal the kids will LOVE. Spice things up and make it a little interesting with a Sloppy Jose twist on a traditional sloppy Joe’s recipe.
1 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Bell Pepper, red, yellow or orange, chopped
1⁄2 Red onion, diced
2 cans Diced Tomatoes
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
4-6 slices Texas Toast
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
6-8 stems worth of Cilantro
- In a large non-stick pan over medium high heat brown meat and drain reserving a tablespoon of drippings and set aside.
- In same pan with reserved drippings add onion and bell peppers. Cook until softened and onions are translucent.
- Add the browned meat, seasoning and tomatoes. Drain one can of tomatoes and add the juice of the other.
- Turn heat to low to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- If using the corn add it during the last two minutes of simmering.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread.
- Spoon a generous amount of meat mixture onto the toast. Sprinkle with Cheese and Cilantro. Serve immediately.
What are your thoughts on this Homemade Sloppy Joes Recipe?