Prices are based on the 03/23 Farm Fresh weekly ad.
Turkey Taco Skillet
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 oz) thick & chunky salsa
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Baked tortilla chips
1. Cook turkey in a large skillet over high heat, breaking up meat, 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 12 to 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
2. Top rice mixture with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
3. Serve with tortilla chips.
Perdue Ground turkey $2.50
Kraft Cheese $1.99
Chi-Chi’s salsa $2.79
Taco Bell seasoning mix $0.85
Libby’s Corn $0.79
Rice $2.39 ($1.20)
Lettuce $1.69 ($0.75)
Tomatoes $1.99lb ($1)
Total: $11.87 – from my stockpile, I would pay about $3
Thanks to Women’s Day for the recipe & photo!