Looking for another great recipe to use all that Rice Krispie Treat cereal that you can usually find on a good sale? These Christmas Rice Krispie Treat Ornaments are sure to be a huge hit. So get the kids in the kitchen and start Holiday baking!
3 tbsp Butter
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
10 oz Marshmallows
Green Food Coloring
Red Food Coloring
- In a medium saucepan, melt half the butter over low heat.
- Add half the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in enough food coloring to make the marshmallows very green.
- Remove from heat.
- Add half the Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Prepare a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Butter a your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture into 2″ balls and place on wax paper.
- Press a Rolo into the top of each.
- Repeat this process with the other half the ingredients and the red food coloring.
- Allow to cool.
Looking for more recipes? How about these Mini Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies!
Michelle @ Moms Are Frugal says
I pinnned this to my board so that we can try and make this recipe for the holidays!