Thanks to Sharon with Mom on Dealz for providing today’s guest post. If you’re looking for fun, budget-friendly craft ideas for kids check-out Mom on Dealz Kid Corner to keep your child entertained for less.
Egg Carton Butterflies:
1. Clean and dry the egg carton.
2. Cut the bottom in half leaving you with your desired number of “humps”.
3. Trace your child’s hands on cardstock (2x each hand for a total of 4 hands).
4. Have your child color the egg humps and the hands in various colors.
5. Glue the hands to the carton to create a butterfly.
6. Draw a face on the butterfly and add the pipe cleaner to create the antennae. We also created the traditional Egg Carton Caterpillar so that we could discuss the life cycle of a butterfly.
This activity lends itself to a lot of science lessons (life cycles, habitat discussions, physical characteristics). Also some highly recommended books about butterflies are: