Thanks to Sharon with Mom on Dealz for providing today’s guest post. If you’re looking for fun, budget-friendly craft ideas for kids check-out Mom on Dealz Kid Corner to keep your child entertained for less.
Military Thank You Bookmarks
I was told that soldiers overseas read a lot, so I thought it would be nice to make some bookmarks that could help them keep their place while reading!
1. Cut out bookmarks from white or colored card stock.
2. Have your child color and decorate them, including a “Thank You” Message.
3. Cover the completed book marks with Mod Podge to protect the homemade gifts.
- Language Arts: Have your child create thank you cards to go with the bookmarks.
- Science: Discuss magnets and their properties. Then create a magnetic picture frame to honor a soldier your family knows.
- Create A Care Package: Include the book mark and other needed items for the soldier. Some frequently requested items are deodorant, snack mixes, ziploc bags, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sunscreen, phone cards, etc.