Are you looking for a great Christmas Gingerbread Cookies recipe? You can make super cute Gingerbread Men or Women or use other Christmas cookie cutter shapes such as a bell, tree or even a candy cane! This recipe is sure to be a huge hit.
Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
1 package Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve)
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for about an hour until firm.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half Wrapped back in refrigerator.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Flour work area and rolling pin and roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter and remove scraps.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula. Leave several inches between cookies.
- Roll scrap dough and cut remaining cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer icing to pastry bag.
- Pipe the line pattern on cookies.
- Wait at least several hours for icing to set.
Christmas Gingerbread Cookies can be made in many shapes. Which did you pick?