Looking for fun, educational & frugal activities to do with your child? Mom on Dealz will provide you with weekly activities to keep your children learning while you stay on budget!
Check out the previous crafts here
Egg Carton Pumpkin Craft
Pipe cleaner or some other type of green material for top
1. Cut out 2 egg slots out of an egg carton.
2. Paint or color the 2 slots orange. Allow to dry completely.
3. Put one slot upside down on the other one and glue them together to form your “pumpkin”.
4. Poke a small hole in the top to insert your green material to create the pumpkin stem.
4. You can leave your craft plain to decorate your home with little pumpkins, or have your child decorate it to look like a jack-o-lantern.
- Science-Kindergartens are to identify the 8 basic colors. We didn’t have orange paint so we had to combine red and yellow to create orange. We were able to discuss color mixing, as well as when you mix 2 liquids, you still get a liquid.
- Math-1. Hard boil eggs and have fun measuring how far you can roll them. You can use standard measurement (rulers, tape measure, etc) or non-standard measurement (feet, hands, shoes, toys, etc). 2. We used triangles and squares for our jack-o-lantern face and reviewed other shapes as well.
- Social Studies/History-Hard boil some eggs and have an egg hunt around your home. Egg hunts are not just for Easter! You can draw a map for your child and have them practice map skills/directions.
- Language Arts-Teach your child the nursery rhyme “Humpty Dumpty”. Reciting nursery rhymes is a big kindergarten skill!