How cute are these Mini Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies? Seriously they are adorable! While these might look like pumpkin pie, it’s really a sugar cookie in disguise. YUM!
3 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup softened Butter
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Wilton Orange Cookie Icing
Can Whipped Cream
1/2 cup softened Butter
1 tbsp Milk
2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients.
- Take teaspoon size pieces, roll into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven about 8-10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- After cookies are cool cover top of cookie in orange icing.
- Allow to dry.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Add cocoa powder and mix until color is uniform.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag.
- Refrigerate to firm.
- Pipe a ring around the cookie to look like crust.
- Put a tiny dollop of whipped cream in center of cookie.