Sure, you know that bottle of rubbing alcohol that you have in your bathroom cupboard is good for cleaning out cuts and scrapes, but did you know that it actually has dozens of uses? Are you using your rubbing alcohol to its full potential?
All the uses for rubbing alcohol below will have you looking at your bottle a little differently the next time you open the cupboard door.
1. Use it to remove permanent marker and crayons. Put some rubbing alcohol on a rag or towel and rub at the stain until it’s gone. This will work on hard surfaces like countertops and floors. You can also use it on walls but you will want to test in a small area first to make sure it won’t take off your paint.
2. Clean your stove with it. Use rubbing alcohol to remove stubborn grease stains on and in your oven. You can also use it to clean your other kitchen appliances and it will give them a nice shine.
3. Make your own ice pack. In a freezer zippered bag, put one part rubbing alcohol and two parts water. Stick in your freezer for the next time someone has an accident. It will get cold but won’t freeze solid!
4. Keep your windows frost free. Mix one quart of water with a half a cup of rubbing alcohol and use it to wash your car windows. It should keep them frost free! Already have frost or ice on your windshield, pour rubbing alcohol right on them and it will dissolve.
5. Homemade Goo Gone. Use your rubbing alcohol anywhere where you would use Goo Gone. Store tags, sticker goo, brand aids, ect. Just pour a little rubbing alcohol on a rag and wipe the sticky stuff right off.
What are some of your favorite uses for rubbing alcohol?