Try this tasty and easy butternut squash soup recipe. You can add in tortellini and Parmesan cheese for more yummy goodness. Serve with crusty bread and a salad to round out your meal.
Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
½ a large onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
4 cups peeled and chopped carrots
3 cups chicken stock
½ teaspoon dried marjoram
8 ounces cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Black Pepper and Kosher Salt to taste
½ lb. cooked tortellini
Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Melt the butter in a stockpot and cook the onions and celery over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, chicken stock, marjoram, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cut the cream cheese into pieces and add to the stockpot.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked tortellini just before serving.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.